According to some people, garcinia cambogia is perhaps one of the most effective supplements for helping fat loss today.
At this point, a lot of people will be ‘Googling’ Garcinia Cambogia Reviews which is normal when you think you have stumbled across a ‘winner’ in terms of weight loss or getting rid of fat quicker!
What we have decided to do is give you a much deeper understanding of this ‘supplement’ and provide our own Garcinia Cambogia review but by looking at & using the scientific results & research that lead to this being unveiled as a very popular & effective weight loss supplement!
Before I do this, I want to give you one fact which may mean all my research was pointless as you scroll down to the bottom of the page to look where you can get it!!
HCA* group lost 4 times as much weight as the placebo group.
*HCA = Active ingredient in Garcinia Cambogia
That there’s a need for such a supplement is not in dispute. The obesity and overweight percentages among the population has been steadily increasing despite the frantic calls for weight loss in the medical community.
According to the latest CDC statistics, among adults in their 20s and older, 70.7% are overweight. And 37.9% of these adults are obese.
Doctors are calling it an epidemic !
While society’s beauty standards don’t typically regard obesity as aesthetically pleasing, the problems with obesity go beyond mere good looks. There’s a very long list of medical conditions which can result from overweight and obesity, and they include:
• Coronary heart disease. Plaque builds up in the coronary arteries.
• Heart attack. The plaque blocks the coronary arteries causing a reduction of the blood flow to the heart muscle.
• Heart failure. The heart is unable to pump sufficient blood for your body’s needs.
• Stroke. The plaque in your arteries ruptures, causing a blood clot to close off the flow of blood and oxygen to your brain.
• Type 2 diabetes. This is a condition that tends to lead to coronary heart disease, kidney disease, blindness, stroke, and early death.
• Cancer. Specifically endometrial, gallbladder, breast, and colon cancers.
• Osteoarthritis. This is when the tissue that protects the joints wears away, and the excess weight puts more pressure on the points to cause pain.
• Sleep apnea. When an overweight person has excess fat stored around the neck, it can narrow the airway, which leads to breathing difficulties.
• Obesity hypoventilation syndrome. This is a breathing disorder among some obese people, which sends too little oxygen and too much carbon dioxide to the brain. This can lead to other serious medical problems, and it can even be fatal.
• Reproductive issues. For women, infertility and menstrual problems can be caused by obesity.
• Gallstones. These are “stones” that form in the gallbladder and the condition can cause back or stomach pain.
In addition to all these, being overweight or obese can lead to high blood pressure and high cholesterol. These conditions can also lead to more serious health problems.
These conditions can also lead to more serious health problems.
All these are signs that indicate the dire need for effective weight loss and maintenance methods. Doctors have been calling for people to exercise regularly and eat healthily to no avail. Every week there seems to be a trendy new workout program and a new miracle supplement, but obesity rates keep climbing.
Every week there seems to be a trendy new workout program and a new miracle supplement, but obesity rates keep climbing.
Now some are saying that there’s a product called garcinia cambogia which can work as a weight loss supplement.
The buzz about this supplement has been strong, and even today it has its supporters. And that’s why many are asking: does garcinia cambogia work?
My Garcinia Cambogia Review:
What is Garcinia Cambogia?
At first glance, garcinia cambogia review is just another tree fruit in the tropics. It has a thin rind and its vertical lobes are quite prominent. Its color can vary from a somewhat reddish pumpkin hue to a yellowish
It has a thin rind and its vertical lobes are quite prominent.
Its color can vary from a somewhat reddish pumpkin hue to a yellowish green while its size can equal a large grapefruit or a small orange.
It is found in the forest areas of some Southeast Asian countries like Malaysia, Myanmar, and Thailand, where some people (the Muslim population in particular) dry the rind to use as a tasty pickle or condiment.
It can also be found in the Kerala and the Western Ghats regions in India. In some villages, there may be some homes which have the fruit trees in their yards. Indians may sometimes use the rind as a substitute for the tamarind in some of their dishes because garcinia cambogia has a similar overly sour taste.
The first Westerner to have noticed the fruits was Sir William Jackson Hooker, who noted down how the fruit was prepared when he visited Sri Lanka back in 1835. But scientists discovered something special about it back in the 1960s. They found out that the fruit contained an acid that was in some ways similar to the citric acid we find in lemons and oranges.
This acid, called hydroxycitric acid or HCA, is the key component in garcinia cambogia reviews that has become the hot topic of debate in the weight loss industry.
What Does Garcinia Cambogia Cost?
In the weight loss industry, the extract from the garcinia cambogia is used as a supplement.
The garcinia cambogia cost can vary, depending on various factors.
These factors include the brand, the number of capsules in a bottle, the dosage of the garcinia cambogia review, the percentage of the HCA, and the other ingredients included in the particular supplement.
In general, the most expensive brands can cost up to a dollar per capsule. However, some are much more affordable and you can get 3 capsules for every dollar you spend.
Even a particular brand may have different prices depending on who is selling it and where it is being sold. Often you may find excellent promo offers and massive garcinia cambogia reviews discount sales so you can easily avoid paying the full price for every bottle of garcinia cambogia you get.
What Do They Claim?
In India, Ayurverdic practitioners and healers sell the fruit or extracts from the fruit as a treatment for various medical afflictions. Because it is sour, it gained some reputation as a digestive aid.
It has also been recommended as a supplement for insomnia and nerve pain. The ailments it can help treat also include dysentery, rheumatism, arthritis, various digestive ailments, gum disease, and even worms and parasites. It was even used to fight against tumors.
But it has also been used in Ayurveda as a supplement against obesity, and it is this belief which prompted scientists to investigate the fruit further. But the word of its effectiveness as a weight loss supplement didn’t gain much traction in the press.
Its fame in the West exploded only recently, when in 2013 the famous Dr. Oz controversially touted garcinia cambogia extract as a miracle weight loss supplement in his TV show. Interest in the extract grew rapidly, and many supplement manufacturers came forward with their own versions to take advantage of this sudden popularity.
In his show, Dr. Oz remarked that the supplement can help some people lose weight just by taking it.
The controversy arose when he also claimed that the weight loss is possible without having to exercise or diet!
In a particular segment on the show, experts claimed that garcinia cambogia is a fat buster. Here are some of the particular claims made during the show:
• It prevents the formation of fat and also encourages the burning of the excess fat cells.
• It’s one of the most affordable weight loss supplements.
• When people go on a diet and exercise regularly while they also take garcinia cambogia, they can lose 2 to 3 times as much weight compared to those who resort to just diet and exercise without taking this particular supplement.
• It also helps “emotional” eaters, because it can increase serotonin levels. This uplifts the mood so that people eat less because they’re not as depressed. Their sleep is improved as well.
• It suppresses the appetite. This is done by sending appetite-suppressing signals to the brain.
• It also helps manage the stress hormone cortisol, which can lead to decreased belly fat.
What Are The Garcinia Cambogia Ingredients?
Garcinia cambogia works because of the HCA it contains.
The HCA inhibits an enzyme called citrate lyase from converting carbohydrates into fat.
Instead, the body burns the carbohydrates for energy. When that runs out, the body then resorts to burning the fat cells for energy.
This HCA has been the subject of several studies involving test animals. A 1973 study published in Lipids showed that when administered to animals, it suppressed food intake. This finding spurred a lot of interest in the weight loss industry for many years. But the buzz died down when in 1998 a large scale study was published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) which concluded that garcinia cambogia had no effect on human subjects.
What Are People Saying About It Garcinia C?
The JAMA study virtually ended all interest in the extract from the mainstream scientific community.
Yet various garcinia cambogia reviews have reported success among many users. There were too many of these reports that some scientists renewed their investigations.
And some of their findings were interesting, to say the least.
• In 2004, a study in involving overweight adults in India was published in Diabetes, Obesity, and Metabolism. The test subjects were divided into two groups, and both groups consumed 2,000 calories a day and participated in a walking program. But in one group the subjects took HCA with niacin-bound chromium. The other group took a placebo. The results showed insignificant differences in weight loss as the HCA group only lost 1% more weight. But the study also demonstrated that the HCA group did refrain from eating more food, which seemed to confirm HCA’s ability as an appetite suppressant.
• In 2007, a study published in Nutrition Research revealed that HCA, when mixed with psyllium, decreased body fat and body weight gain when the mixture was tested in lab rats.
• In 2009, another study, published in Nutritional Research, showed a reduction I body weight gain in the animals that took HCA.
• In 2013, there was even a study published in Investigational New Drugs which found that a molecule combination that included HCA targeted cancer metabolism, which reduced the growth of tumors in mice.
Still, many others are not convinced. In fact, a class action suit was recently filed against Dr. Oz because of his endorsement of garcinia cambogia. According to the suit, “all credible scientific evidence” proves that garcinia cambogia doesn’t work.
Can Garcinia Cambogia Work For You?
Perhaps the final word on the subject may come from Dr. Harry Preuss, who is a researcher and pathologist at Georgetown University.
He is also a former president of the American College of Nutrition. According to Dr. Preuss, the JAMA study was flawed because they didn’t specify what kind of citrate (HCA) they used. They also used whatever dose of HCA was available to them at the time.
Dr. Preuss continued to study garcinia cambogia, and his garcinia cambogia review provides a much clearer understanding of the overall picture. He discovered in his findings that there are two forms of HCA.
The free HCA is the active form that helps with weight loss, but this tends to be unstable. It has a tendency over time to revert to the more stable HCA lactone form, which is inactive. So first you have to determine which form of HCA is in the supplement you’re taking.
Many manufacturers convert the HCA ingredient into an HCA “salt” form. They add a stabilizing agent that reduces the transformation of useful free HCA into useless HCA lactone. Usually, this agent is calcium (Ca), but Dr. Preuss also found that if the extract is pure Ca salt, the bioavailability becomes poorer. You will need large doses to make it even somewhat effective. To make it more bioavailable so that you don’t need as large a dose, you need a portion of the salt to have either potassium (K) or magnesium (Mg).
The potassium version is the most bioavailable form.
The proper dose was also discovered, and you’ll need a total of 2.7 grams of HCA a day.
So if you have a garcinia cambogia supplement that offers 1.5 grams per capsule, then it should be 60% HCA and taken 3 times a day.
With 1.5 grams, 60% is 0.9 grams. Multiply that by 3 and you get 2.7 grams of HCA.
It was also discovered that the HCA works best when you take it on an empty stomach. It was found that the HCA salt can bind to some of the food components, and that renders the HCA inactive. This is common among many supplements, which is why so many of them have to be taken an hour or 30 minutes before meals.
Are there any side-effect or warnings?
At least this aspect of garcinia cambogia is undisputed: it is utterly safe.
According to a study made by the Virgili University in Spain, pure garcinia cambogia extracts will not result in any adverse or harmful side effects at all. The vast majority of reviews written by customers confirm this.
Dr. Preuss tested his findings with a test involving 30 overweight but otherwise healthy adults over 8 weeks.
They were all given 2,000 calories a day, and they also walked for 30 minutes for 5 days each week.
These adults were divided into 2 groups, with one group receiving HCA (with potassium salt form) while the other group got a placebo.
After the study period, the HCA group lost 4 times as much weight as the placebo group.
The HCA group lost an average of 12 pounds while the placebo group lost an average of 3 pounds.
The average BMI of the HCA group also dropped by 6.3%, while the placebo group dropped by only 1.7%.
They then redid the test with different overweight individuals, and in this second study they used 60 people. The results were similar.
The HCA group lost an average of 10.5 pounds. The placebo group lost 3.5 pounds.
These experts on garcinia cambogia reviewed their findings and saw that the HCA group reduced their food intake by 16% while the placebo group had no decrease in appetite.
Still, it won’t work with everyone. Every person is biologically different. Not even the best medicine works for everyone with the same effectiveness. The same thing is true for garcinia cambogia. But the evidence does show that it can work, provided you take the extract properly.
Every person is biologically different. Not even the best medicine works for everyone with the same effectiveness. The same thing is true for garcinia cambogia. But the evidence does show that it can work, provided you take the extract properly.
• Choose a garcinia cambogia extract that’s at least 50% HCA.
• If possible, choose one with low HCA lactone content.
• Make sure that it is not pure calcium HCA salt.
• Get the right dose of at least 2.7 grams of HCA. If you have an extract of 50% HCA with a dose of 800 mg per capsule, that means you get 400 mg of HCA per capsule. So you will need to take 7 capsules a day unless the directions of the extract say otherwise. That’s about 2 capsules before each meal, and then a capsule before you go to sleep.
• Make sure that you take it at the right time. It should be 60 minutes before a meal, or at least 30 minutes.
The verdict for garcinia cambogia is quite clear. Take it, but use it properly. Take the right dose at the right time. Basically, you have a high probability of losing more pounds with garcinia cambogia. But you should also reduce your calorie intake and exercise regularly so you can lose weight.
This is still a supplement and not a miracle pill.
You have everything to gain with garcinia cambogia. And since it is utterly safe and very affordable, you have nothing much to lose by taking it.
Garcinia cambogia extract is a supplement that you
must try if you’re really serious about losing weight.